Is your mail safe from Coronavirus ? With the supermarkets bare of household essentials, government lockdowns on businesses and medical experts urging the public to practice social distancing, many are turning to online retailers to get the essential items they need. We understand that you may be concerned that your mail is contaminated and that you may become infected simply by handling packages you receive in the mail.
Whilst the current sentiment is that you’re unlikely to be exposed to coronavirus by packages you receive in the mail (see below), we at Bodyment are taking no risks. Several safety protocols have been implemented to keep you and your family safe:
- All Bodyment employees wear PPE gear such as Bodyment N95 AUNZ P2 Medical Face Mask – Flu Mask and surgical gloves
- All Bodyment employees are temperature checked daily and practice constant hand washing
- All products are disinfected upon arrival to our warehouse
- All orders shipped between now and April 30th will be sent with a free packet of alcohol disinfectant wipes for you to use on your Bodyment package and your hands
- All returns are placed into quarantine for 3 days prior to inspection to protect employees
Can coronavirus be spread through the mail?
A report published by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that coronavirus could be detected up to three hours after aerosolization in the air, four hours on copper, 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.
“There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged COVID-19 and how it spreads. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.” the CDC has said.
Detection of the coronavirus on surfaces does not mean that it is transmissible, but we recommend leaving your Bodyment package in the corner of a room, or in the garage for 2-3 days before handling to reduce any risk of infection.